Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lunch in Istanbul


This is the real I-HOP. It's a Turkish pancake house, but the pancakes are more like flour tortillas filled with cheese, spinach or meat. It was a festive lunch complete with wandering minstrels playing traditional tunes (which do little to aid the digestion). The meal was accompanied by apple tea and, for me, Turkish Coffee (I'll stick with northwest coffee anyday).
Istanbul is incredible, overwhelming and fascinating. More on that later....

5 comments:

  1. It looks like a great time! We are just studying the fall of Constantinople to the Turks..can't wait to see pics of Haggia Sophia. Phin wants to join you..whats one more (or two!) kids! Missed saying good-bye to you all. We got the stuff on the porch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Rory miss you already. I cant wait to see you.
    but I have to wait two months boohoo. keep posting pictures and have a bundle of fun but call me if you get the chance.You can reach me at 541-386-1219 or at 1310-486-4001
    love ya
    livi

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother-in-law (from Kuwait) made me coffee once - boiled the grounds for several minutes, poured the whole business in my cup, then loaded with sugar. Similar? I liked his campfire cooking much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get any turkish delight? Did you like it? I don't. We're missing you guys so much!! So is Buck. We're leaving to New York on Thursday, so we'll be a little closer to you. Call me if you can.
    541-386-9059.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Istanbul--have a kebap for me--the kind with fries--and try to see a follower of Mevlana, the dervishes perform in a cultural center downtown. They twirl as they meditate, its magical.
    Jules

    ReplyDelete